Publish By: ,
Last Updated: 13-Jun-23
- Analyse current legislative framework and national guidance that underpins the safeguarding of adults.
- Analyse local systems, procedures, and agencies relating to adult safeguarding and their own role within these.
- Explain how national and local guidelines, policies, and procedures for safeguarding effect:
• day-to-day work with individuals
• own responsibilities towards individuals, their families, and carers, as well as team members
- Analyze how investigations into serious failures to uphold individuals’ rights to live free from abuse and neglect have impacted national policy.
- Evaluate legal provisions in relation to whistleblowing and information sharing.
- Evaluate own role in leading a response to suspected or disclosed abuse or neglect.
- Explain how and when to engage others in relation to responding to safeguarding concerns.
- Evaluate issues relating to consent to share information and own responsibilities to share information about suspicions or disclosures of abuse or neglect.
- Describe local systems, procedures, and agencies relating to children’s safeguarding and own role within these.
- Section Two
- Evaluate key provisions of the legislation, codes of practice, and policy regarding mental capacity and how these relate to the service.
- Analyse own role in applying and upholding key principles of mental capacity legislation and code of practice.
- Evaluate the support available when mental capacity needs to be assessed, and how to access this support.
- Analyse own role in the assessment of risk in situations where an individual’s capacity is a concern.
- Outline practices that support individuals’ ability to provide valid consent.
- Evaluate own and team members’ development needs relating to mental capacity and their practice.
- Explain what is meant by ‘restrictive practices,’ ‘restraint’ and ‘deprivation of liberty and how they apply to practices within your own work setting.
- Analyze the legal and ethical considerations of restricting an individual’s rights and freedoms.
- Describe your own responsibilities in relation to restrictive practices and deprivations of liberty.
- Justify appropriate and proportionate responses to restrictions on an individual’s rights and freedoms.
- Evaluate the potential impacts of restrictive practices on individuals and others.
- Explain how person-centered, outcomes-based practices can mitigate the use of restrictive practices.
- Evaluate own and team members’ development needs relating to the use of restrictive practices.